Wednesday 19 February 2014

Alpha Papa -Growing up Gracefully

Being a business owner can be one hell of a ride and being the proud parent of a delightful 14 year old I have started to see the similarity between him trying to make and find his way in the world and me trying to grow and develop the business. He won't thank me for comparing his coming of age with my company finding it's feet - so best not mention it if you meet him!

Each day he seems to discover a little more about the man he wants to be - and each day we discover a little more about the sort of company we want to be.
He learns about the things he cares about and how to express his passions so they enthuse and excite those around him and we do the same.


Whilst being a teenage boy I am sure has has its downsides I would like to thank my son for teaching me that - having a teenage company is absolute right (for me)
Why? ... Because..
I want our company to be brave enough to try new things.
I want  our company to be brave enough to stand up and be counted.
I want our company to be sometimes idealistic and always optimistic about the future.
I want our company to have a desire to learn and get better every day.
I want our company to react in an instinctive and emotional way.
I want our company to care honestly and openly about the things that matter to us.
I want our company to place a high importance on relationships.
I want our company to be so 'supremely alive' and full of energy that we positively enthuse and energise those around us.
I want our company to care passionately about things 'just because'.

And I think that all of these things are what teenagers do instinctively - they don't think about them - they don't put them into words - they just offer them to the world. And I hope that we do that too,



No comments: